At Paleopetres, we value your trust when sharing your personal data with us and recognize that you may be concerned about the information provided to us and about how we handle that information.
If you are reading this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) it is because you may have visited Paleopetres Website or any other place within any Social Media (all of them referred to hereinafter as “Sites”) operated by Paleopetres (“we” or “us”), or, because you may have contacted us directly by phone or in writing.
This Privacy Notice sets out (in full transparency and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- “GDPR”), the basis on which we process your Personal Data (“Personal Data”) when you access our Sites or contact us.
SPEED READ ON KEY Paleopetres DATA PROCESSING
Paleopetres collects and uses Personal Data which you provide or which we collect about you when you navigate through our Sites for the purpose of supplying you with our services, making contact with you for marketing, answering your enquiries regarding our services and analysing and improving the quality of our services.
Your access to and use of our Sites is subject to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Notice and all applicable laws. Your Personal Data processing will be limited to what it is necessary in relation to the purposes above mentioned. We will be collecting your expressed consent only where necessary by opt-ins so that you exert full control on the information we process and hold about you. Otherwise, we will only process your Personal Data if necessary for the performance of a contract with you, for compliance with a legal obligation of Paleopetres and /or for the purposes of legitimate interests of Paleopetres.
We process your Personal Data in the European Union. You can seek for further information and exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, objection, and data portability in respect of your Personal Data, by clicking in our Contact Us feature.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the updated version of the Privacy Notice on our Sites. We will inform of any material change so that you can fully understand the changes that are actually implemented. Please visit frequently this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
This Privacy Notice is dated 20.07.2019
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
The type of information and Personal Data that we collect about you when you visit our Sites or interact with us may include the following:
- Personal details provided by you – such as your name and other contact details, such as your telephone number and email address, your requests and any other data we receive if we communicate with you via email, online or via social media, and any other information you provide – for example, when you sign up for our newsletter.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes below and on lawful basis.
For legitimate commercial interests: we may use your Personal Data (both on an aggregated and on an individual basis), such as your contact details to send you our newsletter.
We may also analyse your use of our Sites to improve it and to give you a better user experience (for example, we analyse what web pages you visit).
We may also use your Personal Data, for legitimate commercial interests such as, to send you an order confirmation; to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures.
We may also use your information based on your consent, where granted, for instance for marketing purposes and for tailoring our communications with you based on your profiles via email. You can withdraw your consent any time; see What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or collected by us (for example, for the time necessary for us to answer queries or resolve problems).
We may therefore retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the Personal Data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
WHO MIGHT WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share your Personal Data with:
- Service Providers and Processors. We may engage third party service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as payment processors, or for the technical processing (for example, hosting services or data storage).
- In providing their services, they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own purposes, including their marketing purposes.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. We may also disclose your Personal Data if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe necessary or appropriate to disclose Personal Data to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Privacy Notice; to respond to any claims against us; and, to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Paleopetres, our customers, or the public.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You have the following rights:
- to obtain a copy of your Personal Data together with information on what basis that Personal Data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data (including the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed);
- to erase your Personal Data in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
In case you may have a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, you can send it by clicking in our Contact Us form.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, please contact us. Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant your rights within one month.
You may revoke your consent for receiving newsletter at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER WEBSITES
When you participate in any of our social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the Personal Data in your social media profile(s).
Subsequently our Sites may contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites. While these third-party websites are selected with care, Paleopetres cannot accept liability for the use of your Personal Data by these organisations.